Sunday, November 2, 2014

Persistence-of-Vision POV

Tested the POV project that has been demo'ed in class. Being very clumsy in sewing, sewing the Lilypad USB neatly takes up quite a bit of the time!

Sew slowly....

Still doesn't look too neat

at least they are somewhat in a line!



Okay...









I used the demo code for text and here's my text message "LOVE!" I wonder why the bottom rows not always visible, but I guess that's quite ok too, people can try and guess what message I'm trying to send? [laughs]

POV is such a fun thing to do, but I do thing it needs a certain enhancements and improvement. The first thing I would improve is how we can view it. Now I'm just waving my device so others could see the message. I may make it attach to another wave device or a message board that can move my POV device from left-right or vice versa so the message can be viewed easily without someone waving it manually. I would also attach a little pouch for the battery so it can hold the battery and not dangling around.

Perhaps I could make a toggle that I could press so it can change message shown on the device too, so by this I can toggle what message I wanted to show, or even a button to press, for example, press once, show what alphabet, and eventually display a message by pressing another button when it's done. A delay of time could be added to the between of these messages too.

I could imagine this not only become a message/image display, perhaps also a way for some content for reading, a new form of e-book, but a short one, as flickering might not be too healthy for the user!


No comments:

Post a Comment